Sunday, August 19, 2007

I Get Knocked Down, But I Get Up Again. - Chumbawumba

If one were never knocked down, one would never learn how to get back up and dust oneself off.

Consider, for a brief moment, your life thus far...
Did every negative experience or 'black' period not make you a stronger person or teach you some valuable lesson? Why then, do we consider such a period as being such a scourge upon us, when in reality, we should be viewing it as a blessing?

And why am I currently having such a monumentously tough time practicing what I preach in regards to this?: Because I'm human. We're remarkable beings. Rather than viewing pain, suffering, sorrow, loss, and the like as a cross to carry, we view them as God striking us down, or the ever-popular "bad luck." It could not be that we have a lesson yet to learn or some skin yet to thicken. Oh no, of course not. We're cursed, unlucky, miserable, WOE IS US.

This is tough love in its most perfect form. This is, literally, the School of Hard Knocks [not the 50 Cent/Tupac one]. This is life schooling us the only way that it knows how. And, sometimes, you need tough love in order to learn. God gives us this tough love because we stubborn creatures sometimes need it in order to reach an understanding of some sort and shan't be bothered with the lesson otherwise.

I've been the eternal learner/seeker of knowledge.
This lesson is just coming harder than most.


C.U.P.S.:
[Completely Unrelated Postscript:]

Vegetarian/Vegan frozen food is delicious whether one is vegetarian/vegan or no.
I highly recommend it.
I'm neither of the two, but every time I eat one, I picture a happy little cow smiling.
To this content bovine, I return the smile and say "Not this time, buddy."
He nods in appreciation and replies, "Thank moooooo very much."

Wow. That was corny/unnecessary. It's time for me to quit while I'm ahead.

No comments: