Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Run. Run. Run.

stir-cra·zy /ˈstɜrˌkreɪzi/
Pronunciation Key - [stur-krey-zee]
–adjective Slang.

1. Restless or frantic because of confinement, routine, etc.
2. Mentally ill because of long imprisonment.
3. The way Lexi feels when she's in Pittsburgh.



My travels and temporary escapes spoil me.
I have returned from the Happy Valley to routine living.

Wake up. Make coffee. Make eggs and toast. Eat said eggs and toast. Smoke cigarette. Shower. Dress self. Drive downtown. Smoke two cigarettes during drive. Park in garage closest to the Art Institute. Walk to building. Attend class. Smoke break. Return to class. Mitchell's for late lunch [garden salad and coffee...occasionally fried mozzerella appetizer]. Attend class. Return to garage. Pay for parking. Retrieve car. Drive back to suburbs. Arrive at work [typically about 5 minutes late]. Work. Break [normally consists of Au Bon Pain coffee and 2 cigarettes]. Return to work. Close register. Drive home. Key in door. Take off coat. Make dinner. Eat aforementioned dinner. Make tea. Change clothing. Make more tea. Basement. Homework. Paint. Make more tea. Paint. Photoshop. Make more tea. [Cigarettes all throughout the previous actions post-entrance into basement.] Do laundry. Go upstairs. Get in bed. Read until overcome by sleep. Repeat.

Sadly, the slightest deviation from routine excites me...
...such as the nights Sam and I go to Denny's, drink coffee, smoke, and conversate.
[Typically on Wednesdays/Thursdays... so, that's actually pretty routine, as well.]

I go stir crazy within days of returning to the 'Burgh.
I want more adventures, unpredicatability, and craziness.
As I've said over and over again, at heart, I'm entirely too nomadic.
This city bores me.
Its soil is not foreign.
I have experienced it for far too long, and it is time to move on.
This next year or two until I get my degree and am set free is going to pass by so slowly. I will be like an animal set free from its cage... I will not be able to flee this city fast enough.

No comments: