Saturday, August 16, 2008

I do believe there is some conspiracy against me. Everyone in the world is in on it but me, in a very Truman Show-esque way. I am not allowed to be happy. I am only given brief tastes of happiness as a teaser, what I could have if I weren't me.

The world holds so much beauty, but I go through much of my life with such jaded, cataracted eyes and difficulty in seeing it. Lies, betrayals, absence, sorrow, pain... it all turns to this calloused cataract, building and building, coming closer to permanence.

I don't know how I keep on going with all the knives in my back and pins in my voodoo doll, but I do, somehow. Maybe it's strength. Maybe it's my going within myself at all times. Maybe it's that I never really let people all the way in. Maybe it's the numbed state I exist in most of the time.

I should stop allowing myself to be pulled out of that numbness.
The numbness has never let me down.
I've become quite the fan of feeling nothing at all.
I should be a more loyal fan. Nobody likes fairweather fans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! this blog deserves some comments,let me be first. Have been reading your posts for a while came across it somehow while surfing. We have some simular tastes in music plus it is interesting. I have had simular thoughts when things are going good, that the conspiracy against me can't let this go on. The conspiracy is waiting for me just around the corner to set me right, to make me unhappy again. But real happieness comes from within, a inner strength. A immune system or numbness you could say to the conspiracy against you.

Regards,
Brian

P.S. found out some good music through your posts. I am listening to the Delamitri singer solo stuff now its really good heres a video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFKdGodMl9E