Saturday, May 31, 2008

how quaint it is to feel alive&beautiful&vibrant.

how peculiar a sensation, to breathe deeply and with anticipation of the next,
to make attempts to halt blinking, as a bat of an eyelash is a moment missed.

how marvelous a day, with the first sight being that of the sunbeams penetrating the sheerness of my curtains and creating a diffused glow upon my bedsheets.
i awake and trace their patterns with my fingertips.

i feel beauty all around enveloping me, swallowing me up;
beauty and fried rice and freshly ground coffee and mango tea and breezes and frequencies and a neo-coming-of-age and Rocky Votolato and kitsch and hope and incense and creation and such.

i haven't turned on my television in a week.
it's all just lies and alpha waves and flicker fusion and 300,000 dots of phosphorescent light.

i remember when the bugs were writhing beneath your skin,
and you howled and wailed and begged for mercy until sleep came.
but, my eyes had closed long before. i was living with them closed.
they are open now.
widewide open.

No comments: