Thursday, July 10, 2008

are you my lady?
are you my lady?
are you my lady?
are you my lady?
are you my lady?
are you my lady?
I stay optimistic.
I stay positive.
I keep my chin up and eyes skyward and head immersed in clouds.
I keep a blue flag hanging out my backside,
but only on the left side.
Yeah, that's the Crip side.

Ah Mew, I cannot sing your glories enough.
Ambience and that vanilla scent of last Spring and the same 3 mix CD's.
I am taken back, transcend time in fact, and am right back in that moment.
Strange what moments you recall with fondness...
They are always the small, seemingly insignificant ones that pass by without a second thought, but oh god, I miss that smell and that drive and that vinyl and that sun that just could not be kept at bay behind the mountains.
I miss the feeling of tranquility and the company and my, oh my, how things change.
Nostalgia is a blessing and a real bitch, for a moment cannot be bottled for consumption at a later date when you wish for just one more small taste of it. They say your tastebuds do not taste in full after 3 bites, and it has proven to be true, for I'd love for just one more, to relish the flavor in full anew.

Never thought I'd yearn for what was once a bore, a chore, for more.
So simple. So fleeting. So real.
Oh, to feel real and actual, to sincerely feel the blood coursing through your veins.

CARPE FUCKING DIEM.
I will one day yearn for today.

No comments: