Monday, March 2, 2009

No, I don't believe in the wasting of time. But, I don't believe that I'm wasting mine.

Been having a strong case of the blah's,
which is leading me to not/not want to leave my house.
I also haven't felt all that spectacular all week.
Various aches and pains with an unknown cause.
A headache that just would not quit for 4 days straight.
Now, I'm a bit lightheaded,
probably due to the fact that I haven't eaten much
courtesy of feeling shitty.

Staying in tonight,
splitting a bottle of White Zinfandel with my mother,
and playing a heated game of Trivial Pursuit.
And, I wouldn't have it any other way.

"Going out" every night is vastly overrated.
I don't need to socialize ZOMGZ every day
to feel secure in my friendships.
I'm past that phase for certain.
At this point in my life, I'd much rather just fucking relax.
I've been running around like mad for a few years now.
I felt the need to jam some social event
into every bit of free time I had,
and I'm just burned out on all of it.
It's due time to take a major break.
This is why you have not seen me in a few months, my friends.
So, if you'd like to come over and play Scrabble,
or watch a good movie,
or cook dinner with me,
or sip wine and listen to vinyl,
or have discussions,
you're more than welcome.
Otherwise, occasions of exiting my homestead,
beyond school and working,
have been and will continue to be much more seldom than prior.

No comments: