Thursday, March 19, 2009

You know, life is funny sometimes.

At the beginning of this week, I was incredibly stressed out and concerned with whether or not I'd be able to complete my final projects and papers on time... and now, my greatest concern is that the spacebar on this computer keeps sticking. I'm sitting here like normal, killing time until I have dinner company, perusing Swedish fashion blogs and reading Anthony Bourdain's various accounts of dining at Ferran Adria's El Bulli. (Damn spacebar is really getting quite annoying.)

And, why can I sit here like this right now? Because I was studious all quarter, because I completed my work on time instead of procrastinating, because I shot assignments instead of going out for St. Patrick's Day... and it all really did pay off in the end. Everyone around me is stressed out beyond belief, and I get to sit here, cool, calm, and collected. This feeling is worth all of my extra efforts this quarter and I'm so proud of myself. I hated every one of my classes, every single one. Each assignment felt like some monumental task to complete, being that I loathed the courses themselves. Yet, here I sit, reading about how little silk neck scarves are so very "in" (at least, I assume that's what's being said based on context clues) and preparing to eat some delicious eggplant parm at this hidden little Italian restaurant in the basement of the Law and Finance building, watching the pandemonium around me.

I haven't felt this "adult" in a while. Sometimes, I forget that I truly am an adult, as I just really crossed over that threshold, and it's easier and less intimidating to regress into adolescence and the behaviors that go along with it. (FUCK THIS SPACEBAR.) I feel more prepared for the "real world" than I ever have right now. Honestly, bring it on. You're not so scary, and I don't know why I've spent so long seeing and treating you as such. You're just a pussy cat, really. (Perhaps I just had a bit more growing up do. I'm sure I still have more of that to come.)

I'm so very content with my life as is right now. Everything is so simple, and simplicity is something I haven't been priviliged enough to experience in years. I am soaking this up. I am
"basking in the Good," to use the phrase coined by Rhianon and myself. And, the Good is being very good to little ol' me.

Back to Swedish fashion, I go!
Eggplant parm in 15!

No comments: