Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Yesterday made me feel wonderful..

Forget about how my presentation went,
even though I think it went pretty well.
During it,
I was to show some of my portfolio and discuss it.
Assembling that portfolio is what
sent me into that mini-breakdown,
episode of self-doubt, whatever you call it.
Well, after I sat down from showing it,
people kept pulling me aside
and telling me that my photographs were beautiful.
WHAT?!
REALLY?!
I hated everything up on the screen
and thought it was awful,
yet the compliments poured in
about my composition and lighting.
I was so touched.
I literally (secretly) cried a few happy tears.
Maybe I CAN do this.
Maybe I AM on the right track in some way.
It was an amazing experience that I desperately needed.
As I've said so many times,
it's so important to stay humble.
And if you do,
you get to experience moments like yesterday.

It's time to photoshop my Portraiture independent project,
and I'm now excited to do so.
Feelin' good... feelin' so very good.

No comments: